Xtracycle Bay Area Position
Position Title: Xtracycle Bay Area Marketing and Community Outreach
Job location: 237 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley, CA.
Xtracycle is the leader in cargo bikes. With 25-year of innovating in the cargo bike space, our goal is to connect communities, make transportation simple and fun, and engage with the world around us. We make easy to ride, high quality, intuitive cargo bikes. In 2021, we opened our flagship store in Mill Valley, a space where you can see our bicycles and accessories, meet the team, and learn more about how our cargo bikes can truly be life changing.
We are looking for someone to take the lead on marketing and community outreach for our Bay Area store. In addition, you will help us continue to deliver a top-tier experience for existing, new, and potential Xtracycle customers. Your attention to detail will help maintain a functional space for service needs and test rides. Your passion for our bicycles will engage and excite new customers. Your creativity will inspire new ways to grow our name within the community. Your focus will be on getting the word out to the larger Bay Area community to help draw traffic to the shop, with the goal being to increase in-shop test rides. In time, we hope to replicate the successes in Mill Valley through events and partnerships around the country.
This is an in-person position that will require you to work out of the Mill Valley location and work at least 1 weekend day per week.
Drive Community Outreach and Engagement
- Drive traffic to the shop and support Xtracycle’s marketing efforts to bring in qualified leads.
- Foster community around the shop.
- Manage the Yelp and Google reviews pages for the flagship store and respond to all feedback in a brand-aligned manner.
- Create content and post to social media or other platforms to generate excitement and foot traffic for the shop.
Organize and manage events hosted at the shop or in the nearby community.
Lead In-Person Customer Experience
- Lead people on individual test rides and advise them on how to operate a cargo bike.
- Explain some of the many benefits of our cargo bikes and how they can help foster a healthier, more effective way to do many everyday tasks.
- Help people determine which of our cargo bikes would fit their needs.
Close sales and arrange for the delivery of bikes to customers.
Ensure Smooth Shop Operations
- Along with other Xtracycle employees, insure regular shop open hours.
- Help with inventory and regular stock counts.
- Help keep the physical space clean and tidy.
- Help with service scheduling and rentals.
- Help with incoming and outgoing deliveries.
Your Qualities and Attributes
- Ready for Anything
- Clear communicator
- Positive and friendly
- Well organized
- Capacity to manage within a retail environement.
- Familiarity with cargo bikes and their potential to positively impact every day transportation.
- Ability to communicate with people of varying cycling experience.
- A love of bikes
Systems at Xtracycle
- Inventory Management software
- Point of Sale system including financing and credit card processing
- Microsoft Outlook and Teams
CompensationCompensation depends on experience and ranges from $45,000-$65,000/year.
To ApplyTo apply for this position, email email@example.com. Please write " Xtracycle Job Posting" in the subject and include your resume and a short cover letter. We’ll schedule interviews on a rolling basis with qualified candidates.
LocationWork in-person at our Mill Valley, CA based flagship store, located at 237 Shoreline Hwy.
Xtracycle values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women/trans/femme/non-binary/two spirit/gender non-conforming/+, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Xtracycle is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.